On Anzac Day, Saturday 25th April we will open at 1PM and close at 4PM.
Well, some old favourites are back.
Reese’s Puffs, Luck Charms & Twinkies are now back in stock.
Plus the Sour cola bottles from England, the only ones worth eating.
The text below was prepared for a newspaper add. Most of it was edited out so here it is in it’s entirety.
In the context of just passing our fourth anniversary we are proud to display the most unique collection of confectionery and gourmet foods for sale in Australia.
“Captain’s Candy International Sweets Centre in Ashmore are now established as the premier supplier of candy on the Gold Coast.
With nearly 5000 lines from over a dozen countries, the store features various departments to make selection easier.
Wander down the aisles and check out;-
* USA Candy – Hershey’s, Reese’s, M&M’s in 6 flavours not usually found in Australia, Baby Ruth, 3 Musketeers, Big League Gum and much more.
* Kiwi Treats – The best that New Zealand has to offer including their incredible Cookie Time Cookies, Jet Planes, Pineapple Lumps, Eskimos and Mackintosh Toffees.
* Dutch Licorice – 35 varieties from The Netherlands from the very salty licorice to the best wine gums and jelly babies made. Just added Finland, Sweden and Denmark to this range 02/15.
* Aussie Lollies – The old favourites including Jersey Caramels, Musk Sticks (full flavoured), Caramel Kisses, Frosted Caramels
* UK Sweets – Choose from 30 bottles of traditional sweets including Pear Drops, Bon Bons, Sherbet lemons, Galaxy Chocolate, Walnut Whip & Pascal jubes and pastilles.
* Chocolate – 54 lines at last count including chocolate coated peanuts, raspberries, nuts, licorice bullets, caramels, Honeycomb, Freckles & coffee beans.
* Bulk Store – Buy in Bulk and save in 1, 2 & 3 kilo bags from all over the world including U.K. Bon Bons, Dutch licorice and the large Allen’s range featuring Party Mix, Bananas, Racing cars and the like.
* Candy Buffet, Occasions and Cakes – A unique collection of colour coded confectionery to suit any occasion, from kid’s parties to your wedding.
* Baby Shower, a stand of pink and blue traditional and modern sweets for that special time.
* USA, UK and Kiwi Soda – Sold in bulk packs or cold from the fridge, Dr Pepper, Mountain Dew (4 flavours), L&P, Jelly Belly Soda, Duff Energy and lots more. Freezer Pop Boxes also available in 10 flavours plus TNT and KA Bluey Ice Pops.
* USA Groceries – The largest range of hot sauces, chips, syrups, cereals, popcorn & BBQ sauces from the top 4 in the States, Frank’s Hot Sauce, Ass Kickin’ Blair’s, Texas Pete, Stubbs’s and Rufus Teague.
* Kiddies Corner – To keep the littlies interested we have a huge range of PEZ including refills and all the favourites from Zappo, Fizzer, Pop Rocks, necklace candy and nerds from Wonka.
*Sour City – Two stands showcasing the amazing range of sour candy now available including straps, brain drops and the full Warhead range.
*Licorice Land – Includes aniseed Alley where we have bought together the best selection from all over the world.
*Cinnamon Central – Probably the only time you will see a stand devoted to cinnamon lovers everywhere. Atomic Fireballs, Tic Tacs, mentos, cereal, pop tarts, Big red Gum, Gilda’s Chews, Cinnamints all featuring Cinnamon flavour.
Sweets spell indulgence in any language and Captain’s Candy is choc-full of the best treats from around the globe.
Store Owner Captain Pete has sailed around the world to gather a variety of sweets and sells bulk for your special occasion , Weddings, Corporate events, seminars, christenings etc etc.
The extensive range of International sweets are arranged by country of origin, with the American section the largest. In this extensive section sweet tooths will find everything. The range of USA groceries has also proved a source of excitement particularly the range of hot sauces.
The store also stocks an extensive range of imported drinks, and just introduced Home Ice Cream with their superb range of Aussie favourites.
Visit Captain’s Candy at Central Park Plaza, (back row)
Our eggs & bunnies have arrived from Sydney and are now on display.
Gift baskets ready to go or orders taken for someone special.
1 Kg eggs, and freckled eggs covered in hundreds and thousands, made with top quality milk chocolate.
Hundreds to choose from as well as hand made candy eggs.
These eggs have been hand made for us, they show beautiful creativity and are limited stock. Sorry Sold Out, orders taken for next year.
We have added bags of Fairy Floss from The Fairy Floss Bagging Co. to our Candy Buffet supplies range.
Available in single colours, we have started with Pink, Blue & Mixed.
This product is of exceptional good quality with individual flavours and a dense floss in a handy bag. Ideal for parties, showers and just a bit of fun.
Also known as cotton candy, orders taken for other colours.
Cheers from the Captain.
Easter is nearly upon us and our handmade stock has arrived.
Featuring candy eggs and milk chocolate eggs with 30% cocoa (that is the same as Milka) they are for the discerning buyer that appreciates a better quality product. We only have a small quantity so be quick.
We do have a budget range of bunnies too.
Also just in from the U.K. are a small box of English Roses chocolates.
Hi, Following our appointment as an agent for a major importer of Scandinavian & Finish confectionery we can now offer the following lines; Turkish Pepper, Gott & Blandat original and salt, Marianne Chocolate filled mint candy, Salmiakki Mix, Crazy Monkey, Polly Blue chocolates, Daim Bag and bars as well as Fazer crisp oat biscuits.
We have a added nine lines in all and they can be found on our Dutch Licorice stand. If you would like us to add to this offering just ask at the counter and we will see what we can do. Cheers from the Captain.
Eat ice cream the way the astronauts in space do.
“Freeze-dried ice cream is ice cream that has had most of the water removed from it by a freeze-drying process, sealed in a pouch, and requires no refrigeration.
Now stocked in three flavours, Chop Mint Chip and Ice Cream Sandwich.
Original Juan, The Makers of OJ sauces and the Stockyard range (All natural & Gluten Free) BBQ sauces and rubs, from Kansas City, Missouri are now in stock.
“For more than a century, American stockyards were the center of our nation’s premium meat trade. There is a rich history of quality, pride and craftsmanship associated with the name. American Stockyard sauces will transport you back to the nostalgic days of a good meal and relaxed conversation, where food was made with simple, all-natural ingredients. Our sauces are hand-crafted in small batches, capturing the regional flavour and unique style of stockyards throughout the nation.” from Original Juan website.
We now stock 10 of their products including a selection of rubs and 4 flavours of hot dog relish.
Also just arrived are their new “Bloody Mary Mix” in three flavours.
“A Bloody Mary, as well as the non-alcoholic Virgin Mary, is commonly served in the morning (as are mimosas and screwdrivers).
While there is not much complexity in mixing vodka and tomato juice, more elaborate versions of the drink have become trademarks of the bartenders who make them. A common garnish is a celery stalk when served in a tall glass, often over ice. A beer chaser may also be served with the Bloody Mary, although this varies from region to region.” extract with thanks from WikiBooks.
Looks great in any bar!
We now stock Nestle choc melts in white, milk and dark chocolate.
White compound (Snowcap) contains no cocao.
Milk chocolate (Alpine) contains 30% cocoa and 25% milk solids.
Dark chocolate (Royal) contains 46% cocoa.
We sell them in 1kg bags.