A happy and safe Easter to all our customers, families and friends. Please stay safe and enjoy the break.
We are closed Good Friday and open Easter Saturday, Sunday and Monday from 10AM till 4PM.
Today we very proudly had a soft opening of our store next door.
Featuring a Candy Buffet “display by colour” and a sideboard for arranging your candy to suit.
We are also in the process of moving our bulk store into the new shop, which will give our customers more room to move and present the stock in a superior fashion, whilst still maintaining our price competitiveness.
After successfully trialling Skippy Peanut Butter last year, we are now stocking it as part of our standard range.
We have started with the Creamy version and if that goes well we may expand the range.
Made in Austin, Minnesota, Skippy comes in a 462g plastic jar.
Skippy peanut butter originated in California in 1933 and was based on an American comic strip. The brand was promoted by Dennis The Menace, Annette Funicello and speed skater Bonnie Blair. It is now the biggest selling brand in China.
Big delivery today (270214) with Clamato Juice, Wright’s Hickory Smoke, Mesquite & Applewood back in stock. Also Blair’s have added a ‘Buffalo Wing’ potato chip to their existing range in the ‘mild’ category. That makes four types in the range including new stock of the ‘Jolokia’ chips, rated WTF with the flames out the top of the heat guage.
Sweet Baby Ray’s sauces in catering 1 gallon packs are now available in three flavours.
Exciting new line from the UK are the Cola rola Balls with a silver chrome metallic finish like polished ball bearings, they are in fact a long lasting gobstopper. Very Attractive and with a mild cola flavour, they taste great.
Also we have added Millions Rainbow Magic, a selection of your favourite Millions sweets mixed together. In stock afer a long period are the Haribo Giant Strawbs. The flavour says it all.
Also less well known are the strawberry jellies from Kingsway, covered in nonapreils which is another name for hundreds and thousands. These are mainly red with a few green. The flavour is subtle & superb
To compliment our Candy Buffet department we can now offer handy 40g resealable tubs of Fairy Floss in single colours. We will take orders for quantities and it can be supplied with or without the label.
We are now stocking “San Andres Tendre’ Assorted nougat Flavours in a 200g hanging bag containing 16 pieces, all individually wrapped.
We now have access to a large range of Spanish delicacies but for now, try these bites in 4 flavours and enjoy!
The text below was prepared for a newspaper add. Most of it was edited out so here it is in it’s entirety.
In the context of just passing our third anniversary we are proud to display the most unique collection of confectionery and gourmet foods for sale in Australia.
“Captain’s Candy International Sweets Centre in Ashmore are now established as the premier supplier of candy on the Gold Coast.
With nearly 5000 lines from over a dozen countries, the store features various departments to make selection easier.
Wander down the aisles and check out;-
* USA Candy – Hershey’s, Reese’s, M&M’s in 6 flavours not usually found in Australia, Baby Ruth, 3 Musketeers, Big League Gum and much more.
* Kiwi Treats – The best that New Zealand has to offer including their incredible Cookie Time Cookies, Jet Planes, Pineapple Lumps, Eskimos and Mackintosh Toffees.
* Dutch Licorice – 35 varieties from The Netherlands from the very salty licorice to the best wine gums and jelly babies made.
* Aussie Lollies – The old favourites including Jersey Caramels, Musk Sticks (full flavoured), Caramel Kisses, Frosted Caramels
* UK Sweets – Choose from 30 bottles of traditional sweets including Pear Drops, Bon Bons, Sherbet lemons, Galaxy Chocolate, Walnut Whip & Pascal jubes and pastilles.
* Chocolate – 54 lines at last count including chocolate coated peanuts, raspberries, nuts, licorice bullets, caramels, Honeycomb, Freckles & coffee beans.
* Bulk Store – Buy in Bulk and save in 1, 2 & 3 kilo bags from all over the world including U.K. Bon Bons, Dutch licorice and the large Allen’s range featuring Party Mix, Bananas, Racing cars and the like.
* Candy Buffet, Occasions and Cakes – A unique collection of colour coded confectionery to suit any occasion, from kid’s parties to your wedding.
* Glassware – Our newest department displaying some of the glass jars that make up a Candy Buffet as well as the scoops for service.
* USA, UK and Kiwi Soda – Sold in bulk packs or cold from the fridge, Dr Pepper, Mountain Dew (4 flavours), L&P, Jelly Belly Soda, Duff Energy and lots more. Freezer Pop Boxes also available in 10 flavours plus TNT and KA Bluey Ice Pops.
* USA Groceries – The largest range of hot sauces, chips, syrups, cereals, popcorn & BBQ sauces from the top 4 in the States, Frank’s Hot Sauce, Ass Kickin’ Blair’s, Texas Pete, Stubbs’s and Rufus Teague.
* Kiddies Corner – To keep the littlies interested we have a huge range of PEZ including refills and all the favourites from Zappo, Fizzer, Pop Rocks, necklace candy and nerds from Wonka.
*Sour City – Two stands showcasing the amazing range of sour candy now available including straps, brain drops and the full Warhead range.
*Licorice Land – Includes aniseed Alley where we have bought together the best selection from all over the world.
*Cinnamon Central – Probably the only time you will see a stand devoted to cinnamon lovers everywhere. Atomic Fireballs, Tic Tacs, mentos, cereal, pop tarts, Big red Gum, Gilda’s Chews, Cinnamints all featuring Cinnamon flavour.
Sweets spell indulgence in any language and Captain’s Candy is choc-full of the best treats from around the globe.
Store Owner Captain Pete has sailed around the world to gather a variety of sweets and sells bulk for your special occasion , Weddings, Corporate events, seminars, christenings etc etc.
The extensive range of International sweets are arranged by country of origin, with the American section the largest. In this extensive section sweet tooths will find everything. The range of USA groceries has also proved a source of excitement particularly the range of hot sauces.
The store also stocks an extensive range of imported drinks, Valhalla ice cream from Tasmania and Ben & Jerry’s ice cream from New Jersey.
Visit Captain Candy at Central Park Plaza, (back row)